Monday, December 15, 2008

Ready for Christmas





Just a couple photos of our tiny apartment all dressed up for Christmas. Actually, the bathroom is the most Christmas-y area of our home, but it was impossible for me to get a decent angle for picture-taking. Just imagine what the bathroom in little Cindy Lou Who's house must be like...ours has that kind of stripey, sequiny, Suessian thing going on, only perhaps a bit more downmarket. Anyway, our little cave is glittery and cheerful.

I've been done with shopping/wrapping for a little over three weeks now! Internet shopping is my favorite invention EVER! Like a million times better than sliced bread and the cotton gin and pasteruization. Kind of. Anyway, I needed to finish early because the confluence of busy end-of-term Registrar's Office duties, plus end of semester grading, would otherwise make the shoehorning in of Christmas tasks an overwhelming nightmare. Which means all I'm left with is baking.

As for baking, this year I decided to make the cookie dough early and freeze it! This Christmas the code word is "efficiency." I don't know how that will work, though. I've got the dough protected by literally four different layers of various kinds of wrapping material (wax paper, cling wrap, foil, and freezer bags). If that works out fine, then on baking day (Wednesday night) I just have to form the cookies and bake. Who knows how they'll turn out, but I can at least confirm that the dough tastes amazing!

Once I make it through this week's nastiness...final grading and Friday's 14-hour day (commencement)....Dave and I are rewarding ourselves with a weekend get-away booked at a swanky hotel in downtown Minneapolis! That's our Christmas gift to each other this year ~ time together. With cocktails, room service, and a hot tub! Hope you have relaxing rewards planned for yourself as well over the coming week.
Have a merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Marv said...

I love the vintage look of your apartment.

Hopefully next year, you'll have a big tree in your first house.

Mom