Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I have a little speech prepared...


Thanks to my good friend and fellow blogger, Michelle (JoJo) at A Mid-Atlantic English (http://michelloui.blogspot.com/), for giving me a Happiness Award! Yay! An award! Her blog is subtitled "long term expat lifestyle" but it's a fabulous blog for anyone interested in travel, family dynamics, the ambiguities of our life choices, or basically anyone keen on beautiful, thought-provoking essays. I certainly enjoy it very much. Thanks, JoJo!
A responsibility that comes with this award is a list of 10 things that make me happy. I'm going to amend that, and rather list 10 things that made me (or will make me) happy TODAY.


1. The morning e-mail from my husband, checking in and telling me how he can't wait to see me later. It's so nice starting each day feeling like a newlywed.

2. Tide To-Go Stain Remover pens.

3. Someone brought in shamrock-shaped sugar cookies.

4. The alliteration of "shamrock-shaped sugar cookies" pleases me as well.

5. The anticipation of taking a quick walk by the Mississippi during my lunch break (for the first time after a long winter).

6. There are no meetings today!

7. This is a happy thing yet-to-come, but it will make me very happy when I get home from work and my new cat Moxie cuddles with such intensity that you'd think I just rescued her from a well.

8. I also like that when Moxie is done cuddling, she meows and taps me on the shoulder to get down so we can move onto the "treat" portion of our reunion.

9. Another yet-to-come, but it makes me happy that my heart still leaps with excitement when I hear my husband's key in the door when he's arrived home from work.

10. I am very happy that I ended up buying the Libery for Target comforter that I almost passed over.

4 comments:

Michelloui said...

This is a great list and made me smile all the way through--I like the alliteration as well. And I loved reading the Moxie moments. And of course all the lovely things Dave does, and your anticipation for his return--you two are very fortunate.

Michelloui said...

PS I am getting fed up reading about all the Liberty at Target going on in the States: I cant afford Liberty here, but I sure as hell cant afford a ticket to the States to buy some at Target!! ;)

I think we need a photo of that comforter. I'll bet its gorgeous. Especially with Moxie posing on it as I can imagine she must do. I saw some adorable Liberty at Target wellies on someone else's site.

TeTop said...

I thought Liberty was offering some of the Target line on their website, for their UK customers. Check it out. I don't think they have everything, though.

I spent WAY too much...even the Target check-out people were like "wow...you're really into Liberty of London." But yeah. I could never afford the real stuff either. Luckily Dave is very understanding. He even bought me the Liberty bike as an early birthday present.

If you give me your shoe size, I'll see if I can find the wellies for you and will ship them over!

Marv said...

I Live your list. I see tide stain stick is number two, right after David. : )

David, Moxie and cookies and stain sticks. good list.....